Are my employers responsible for snow days in Georgia? 2 Answers as of January 17, 2011

A state of emergency was declared on the state of Georgia this past weekend during a snow storm. The company that I work for was closed for two days. When asked, if we would be compensated for the time off, we were told no, that if we wanted, that we could use either our vacation or sick days. Shouldn't the company be responsible for the days that we didn't work? Is this legal? Why or Why not? Also, the federal funding that the state of Georgia receives, will this money be allocated to the individual companies affected or to the state of Georgia as a whole? Will the company that I work for be able to file for benefits citing that they were affected and lost money during the storm and shouldn't employees pay be counted as part of the cost?

Frankly, it doesn't appear that your question is primarily about criminal law, but instead is more about employment law. It might be worth it for you and your fellow employees to consult with an employment lawyer to learn more about your rights. Good luck!
These are questions for an employment attorney.