Are my children are being discriminated due to religious observances? How? 7 Answers as of August 05, 2015

I have been taking my children to mass once a week and then bringing them in an hour late to school. I asked their teachers and the front office before ever taking them. Today I was told that the truancy officer was contacted. Now that one hour a week is considered unexcused. I need them to attend during the week due to my work and the church mass schedules. What if anything can I do?

You can retain an attorney to represent you.
You can homeschool, then you can give them as much religious training as you want.
Public school take precedence, and so you will have to do the religious stuff AFTER school, or early enough that they get to school on time. What you are saying does not appear to me to be religious discrimination. Additionally, you are screwing up their school experience, which will impact their ability to get into college.
Contact the truancy officer yourself and tell him/her what's going on. Make an appointment with the vice-principal, sit down and talk with that individual in person. Without accusations or raising your voice, explain that your schedule and religious needs require this accomodation. Also, maybe you could see about making other adjustements? Can you adjust your work schedule? Get transportation help for the children with some other church member?
Your best remedy is with the school board. You might also check the federal Freedom of Religion Act. Check with a local lawyer who is well versed in school law.
    Probably not, this is up to the school district as to whether such a senses are excused. The children are required to be in school by law. You may have to find another Mass which is not during school hours.
    Quite possibly your 1st Amendment rights have been violated. Consider consulting a civil rights lawyer.