Are government employees liable for personal injury errors they make in their work? Posted on July 26, 2011

The Mass. dept. of revenue had my license and registration revoked for money I never owed. I was arrested while driving revoked and faced criminal charges. I received a letter from them 5 days after the arrest informing me of the revocation. My auto was impounded and still is as I am living on SSDI and now cannot afford to get it out. I tried to call the agent in charge for over a month before all this happened and he refused to answer my calls. I contacted my state rep and she called the DOR. The next day the DOR called me and apologized for the error. I still face court appearances and have no way to get my car back. Do I have any legal recourse against the gov't employee who refused to deal with my complaints?