Are employers responsible for the employees who are asked to come in early during a snow storm? How? 6 Answers as of May 13, 2015

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
They are responsible once the get to work and clocked in. The employee is responsible for getting to work.
S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
The employer would be obligated to provide a safe place to work and to pay the employees for the hours they work, including any overtime.
Strouse Legal Services | James C. Strouse
Yes, if someone has an accident, it would be a worker' a comp case.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
If you are asking: May an employer may be held liable to injuries to their employee, who was injury while on the way to work, during an ice storm? If that is your question, I do not know the answer. I suspect they have no liability at all, and, if there is any liability, it would be under workers comp law. But, this type of injury is the type of case that most PERSONAL INJURY lawyers would be glad to discuss with you, free of charge. This how they make their money. I suggest you contact one of them for some free advice that you may rely upon.
Geneva Yourse | Geneva Yourse
Employers are not responsible for any accident that occurs on the way or after leaving work.