Are the domestic violence charges gone or do they only appear on police records? 5 Answers as of January 22, 2013

I am 55 years old, received domestic violence over 15 years ago and MDOP in 1975. Can I get these expunged? I have checked my criminal record on several sites. They don’t show up.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
You cannot expunge a record unless the case was dismissed without having received probation or deferred, or if you were found not guilty. Even though it may not appear in your searches, if someone were to conduct a search using your fingerprints, they would easily find the record.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/22/2013
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Need more details but it would seem you should be allowed the relief you seek.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/22/2013
Correia-Champa & Mailhot
Correia-Champa & Mailhot | Susan Correia Champa
If they don't show then you will not need to do anything. It is very difficult to expunge a criminal record the process is complicated. I would suggest you contact an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 1/22/2013
Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
This is a very serious situation, that is not easily handled on a question and answer forum. There are many unknown facts and details that can lead to different answers. I would strongly suggest you contact a criminal defense attorney in your area. Many of us offer free initial consultations, it would be well worth your time and effort to speak to one of us directly.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 1/22/2013
Rivera Legal Group, PLLC
Rivera Legal Group, PLLC | Victor Rivera
Checking private websites is not the same thing as pulling your criminal history from a law enforcement agency. The charges you mention could still be on your criminal record.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/22/2013
Click to View More Answers: