Are bedbugs are reason to sue my apartment complex? 2 Answers as of July 11, 2013

I moved into an apartment, that I specifically asked if they had a problem with roaches or bedbugs, I was told the not since the apartment complex had been under new management for the past 2 1/2 years. The first night I moved in, I woke up in the middle of the night cause it felt like something was biting me. I got up and saw bedbugs crawling on the wall. I have at least 8-10 bites on different areas of my body. I have lost the majority of my furniture. I have been traumatized and cannot sleep at night and I have been living in my car. Do I have a case against the apartment complex?

Have you reported the situation to the manager? If not you need to. If the problem is not addressed in a reasonable time period, then you can withhold rent until the problem is corrected.
If you have solid proof of an infestation, from say the city or county, then you might have a decent case.