Am I a US citizen if my mother was naturalized when I was under 18? 12 Answers as of December 17, 2013

I am now currently 21 years old. I have lived in the US for over 18 years with my parents and my mother became naturalized when I was under 18. Am I a citizen because of that?

Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
If you were LPR at that time.
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. The short answer is possibly, depending on a number of factors. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC
Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC | Shiv K. Kapoor
It's possible that you are, but would need more details.
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
Under the Child Citizenship Act of 2000, you may have derived US citizenship through your mother by law if you were a lawful permanent resident and under the age of 18 when your mother became a US citizen and you were residing permanently in the US in the legal and physical custody of your mother at the time. The law became effective beginning February 27, 2001.
Hoang & Tran PLLC | Adam Tran
You have a very strong argument that you are a derivative of a naturalized citizen. Apply for naturalization!