Am I a US citizen if my mother was naturalized before I was 18 years old? 3 Answers as of July 05, 2011

My mother naturalized before I was 18yr old and I have my green card, am I automatically a citizen? Or do my mother and father have to be naturalized for me to automatically get citizenship?

Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
This question depends on when you were born. Derivative citizenship laws have changed several times over the years. Now, only one parent need be naturalized, but if you were born prior to 1986, it was both parents unless they were divorced OR you were born out of wedlock.
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
If your mother naturalized before you were eighteen, she could have included you in her naturalization petition. Since apparently she did not, then, as a green card holder, you may petition for your own naturalization when you have had five years of legal residency.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
If you were permanent resident at that time, you would be a US citizen without filing anything.