Am I still legally responsible to pay child support if my child is not in school? Posted on January 25, 2011

I am an out-of-wedlock non-custodial parent in Essex County, MA. My support order says it ends on his 18th birthday. He will be 18 this June. He currently lives with his mother. She said he has been doing great. Well come to find out, through school records I just received, he has not been going to school for the past year and a half. Also his Mother signed him out of his junior year of high school. She has threatened me that she will make sure he gets his GED and is signed up for community college, before my court date so that she can try to extend my child-support payments. What can I do to get her out of my life? Am I still legally responsible, even though he isn't in school?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: