Am I still entitled to child support if my son is going to be an adult? 4 Answers as of June 07, 2011

There is a court order for support for my son even though his father never paid any payments. Can I still collect those payments ? My son was 29 years old when he passed away 2 years ago. His father is and has been working full time and owns his home and never paid anything.

Sorry the time to obtain support is closed.
Law Office of Jackie Robert Geller
Law Office of Jackie Robert Geller | Jackie Robert Geller
Yes. Court ordered child support that was not paid remains collectible. Talk to a family law attorney or your local Dept. of Child Support Services (DCSS) office.
There is no statute of limitations on collection of Child Support arrearages. Consult with and/or retain an experienced Family Law Attorney to obtain a writ of execution to have it levied upon your son's father's employer to garnish his wages..
If there was an order for support that was never paid for, then they are still collectable. You can garnish his wages directly, hire an attorney to do it, or take your order to the Department of Child Support Services to enforce.