Am I still eligible for intra-company transfer Visa L1? 3 Answers as of August 11, 2011

I am a EU citizen who may have the chance of being rehired by a former US employer in US. I was recruited in Europe for a managerial position and worked for almost three years, there, unfortunately I was laid off in the mid of 2009. So if they’d like to rehire me for a position in US, am I still eligible for a L1 intra-company transfer Visa? Thanks in advance.

The answer to your question is dependent upon the specific date your former employment with the company terminated. The Immigration & Nationality Act requires the applicant to have been employed by the firm/corporation or its affiliate for a continuous period of one year during the three years preceding the filing of the application for admission. Thus, if you were to file the L-1 application today, you would have had to work for the company for a one year period between today's date and August 11, 2008. However, if you were not employed for one full year during the three year period, you would not be eligible for an L-1 non-immigrant visa.
If your last employment as an executive or specialized knowledge employee was mid 2009, your last "year" of experience started mid 2008. If your employer files now, August 2011, the furthest back they can go is August 2008. Do you have 1 year of experience with the company since August 2008? That is your answer. Please note that your qualifying experience is falling off with each passing day. If this is not clear, check with company immigration counsel.
If you have had worked for them for 1 continuous year in the past 3 years, you are eligible. Thus, looks like you have to hurry. We are L-1 Visa specialist.