Am I responsible for medical bills? 1 Answers as of September 14, 2010

My friend got in a car accident while driving my car. He had my permission to drive my car. He got in a pretty serious accident with another driver because he was speeding. Who is liable for the medical bills of the other party involved?

Law Offices of Mark C. Blane, A.P.C.
Law Offices of Mark C. Blane, A.P.C. | Mark Blane
If your friend is found to be at fault (by your insurance company) then your insurance will defend and indemnify you and him up to the allowable policy limits under these facts since he was a permissive user of the vehicle. Remember, both you and the driver "can" be named in a lawsuit if one should arise since you are the owner, and he was the driver. You may want to inquire as to his auto insurance (what policy limits does he have for liability, etc. If he was also injured, you will want to check his and your auto policy for any possible med pay benefits that can be used too.