Am I obligated to pay spousal support? Posted on July 27, 2011

I am a little disappointed and confused. Maybe with a little clarity I can understand and accept my situation. I was married 8 years before filing this divorce. We have no kids, no house, no joint accounts, literally nothing that shows as if we were married except for the marriage certificate. I have filed under (No Fault) Irretrievable breakdown uncontested. She was on Workers Comp for the last 2 years of which she can go back to work because she has been dancing at family parties (Getting Down) after 6 months from the start of her workers comp case. Which I have family videos at the parties etc. Back to the point she is asking for Maintenance. According to the financial disclosures I made 62k after deducting child support for my other 2 sons (14 and 15 yrs old) compared to her 9k from workers comp. She used to make about 37k before getting hurt. Her Atty asked for 4 years maintenance at $1400 per mo. Are you kidding. During the marriage I exhausted 21k savings to help her and her mom get out of foreclosure and with their financial problems. I took out my 401 k worth almost 10k and only got 4.5k after penalties to help her and her family. Her dad and grandmother died and I took over as head of household within the first 7 months of being together. We married 9 months after meeting. I've done so much for the family on many levels and now that I just want to split for Irretrievable breakdown (many reasons) I have to pay her monthly. Is that mandatory? I know there are factors that the court can consider but with no strings attached am I really going to have to pay her temporary support?