Am I obligated to pay for the vehicle after I was fired? Posted on August 03, 2011

I am in a sticky situation. I recently lost my job. I was in the process of purchasing a vehicle from the employer who fired me. He knows I have no source of income yet is harassing me for payment of this vehicle. We had no written agreement (only verbal), and he already signed the title over to me and given me a bill of sale that stated I purchased it for less than our verbally agreed upon amount. I told him as soon as I find work I will pay him what I owe, as I want to do the right thing. He sent me a text message today saying that if I moved out of the area he wants the balance paid in full before I move (which I know he can't do). Since we had no written agreement and I have the title and a bill of sale is there anything legally he can do? He is harassing me constantly about it, as well as harassing me about my personal life