Am I obligated to pay for mold in an apartment if it was already there? Posted on July 21, 2011

I lived in an apartment for almost 3 years with mold. The windows, doors and closet molded all the time. I asked the management team to fix the mold issue or have an inspector come look at it. They had the maintenance man come look at it and he told me to just open my windows and doors every few days and let the apartment air out. This was in the middle of winter with snow on the ground, I asked them if they would pay the heating bill for this and they said no. The mold ruined my pairs of shoes and clothes (I have many pictures). While living there I was put on an inhaler and developed migraines. When I moved out I talked to the manager and she said I would not be charged for the cleaning of the mold. I was charged $95 for a cleaning charge that no one could tell me what they had to clean. Every time I called they said they would look into it and get back to me. No one ever did. I called the apartments may time trying to get a hold of the manager about the charge; she would never return my calls. I finally called today and talked to a new lady working and she explained that in my chart I was charged for the mold to be cleaned. I asked her to have someone in management call me to discuss this. She had a lady naked Kelly call me and she said they will not reimburse me for the cleaning and they would do nothing in regards to the mold issue. I would like to know if I have a case against them to get my money back and also payment for all my ruined items. Thank you