Am I obligated to pay for exta expenses that my ex father in law pays for? 1 Answers as of September 01, 2011

My soon to be ex-wife is trying to claim that I should pay child care cost while she was unemployed. During the time that she was unemployed (July 2008 until August 2010), she was attending college two nights during the week. She is stating because she was seeking employment and attending school her father had to watch the children and he incurred expenses and he feels he should be reimbursed. I offered to have the children at night when she was attending school, however she did not agree. My question is, would her father have to show any expenses he incurred during that time frame, and should he have to be reimbursed for something he did not do full time and/or when the help was being offered?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael D. Fluke, P.A.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A. | Michael D. Fluke
Depending on what the expenses were and how they are not covered under normal child support, it is probably unlikely she will get anywhere with this claim. I suggest you consult an experienced Family Law attorney to discuss your case in greater detail and learn all of your rights and options. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: