Am I obligated to pay a company for a product that they did not send me? Posted on July 20, 2011

A quick rundown of my question- I ordered some Scottish kilts online and sent a check to the company for $205. This was back in March; my wedding was on July 1. The company was MIA until 2 days before the wedding. I called and emailed them numerous times with no response. I then googled them and read all these other customer complaints about not having the products or ontime delivery. The company shipped out part of the order, but at that point I went with a more legitimate company who guaranteed the kilts to arrive on time. All in all, I have no contract and the company sent some kilts to a place where I was staying back east. No signature etc from anyone, just left outside- it will cost $150 to ship the kilts I didn't use back to him, which he won’t' pay for and I never could use the partial kilts he sent me. I will be out $300 or so dollars He's harassing me via emails and phone calls about returning the junk he sent me and is telling me he will pursue legal matters. Any advice would be most appreciated.