Am I obligated to have a driver's license, insurance and registration? 7 Answers as of December 27, 2013

I know that we have a right to travel and that a driver is the one who is driving for commercial purposes and that public highways are open to the public as a matter of right. So wouldn't that be forcing me into a contract if I don't want a driver's license insurance or registration? And if the police force an arrest and try to search your car or take it away, can't you sue them for violating your constitutional rights?

Either you are a stupid student, or a person for whom life is very difficult. The rules are simple: license, registration and insurance. If you have no money for all three then go sit down somewhere.
Driving a motor vehicle on a public highway is a "privilege" and not a "right". As such you must meet the requirements for driving a vehicle including have a license, registration and insurance.
Contrary to your belief, driving is a privilege. It is not a right protected by the Constitution. Where do you think a good portion of the funds come from, necessary to take care of the roads you seem to take for granted? through state licensing fees. As far as "forcing you into a contract" for insurance and registration, no one is doing that but yourself. You want to drive a car on the roads of the state, then the law requires that the vehicle be licensed, insured and registered. It also protects YOU. What if you are driving a car and someone crashes into you and severely hurts or disables you? I strongly suspect that you would want to be compensated for your injuries and the damages you sustained. but the person, like you, has no license, insurance, or registration. How much of a recovery do you think you will get? The answer is NONE! People legally operating their vehicles want to be protected from people like you, who think that they do need to abide by the laws. It is a criminal offense to drive a motor vehicle without license and insurance. Your constitutional arguments will go nowhere.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
You have a constitutional right to travel. You don't have a right to travel by car. The states can mandate you have a license, registration and insurance.
Catchick Law, PC
Catchick Law, PC | Matt Catchick
Driving is a "privilege" not a "right," so the government can police that privilege by requiring you to maintain insurance.
    There is inalienable right to drive a car on a public road. The state government has the right to regulate such travel to make sure it is safe for everyone. It is not unconstitutional to require you to have a driver's license and proof of insurance to ensure that you are not putting other motorists at risk by not being trained on how to drive a car and have demonstrated such proficiency which a licences signifies.
    Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
    Yes, you have the right to travel, but don't mistake the right to travel as the right to use the public roads. Also, the State can restrict who can operate a motor vehicle, you don't have a constitutional right to operate a motor vehicle.