Am I liable to damagers of a product once I sell it? Posted on July 19, 2011

I just sold my rifle by advertising it on a free local online classified. The man that I sold it to had me sign a paper and give him my driver liscence number. He told me that it was to protect him in case the firearm had been stolen. He also had me sign in a spot on the paper stateing that the gun was in good fireing condition. As far a s I know the gun was in good fireing order when I sold it to him, because my husband had shot it the day before. The man I sold the gun to called me at 4am the morning after I sold it to him claiming that it would not eject the shells and that it was not in good fireing order. But when my husband shot the rifle the day before, it had done it just fine. Due to the fact that he has my information I am worried that he will take me to court if he does not get his money back, but when I sold it to him I told him that it was an as is deal. Do I need to give him his money back? The main thing is, how do I know he hasn't done something to the firearm to make it so it won't eject the shells? Can you tell me what I should do in this case?