Am I liable if my husband had a serious auto accident? 3 Answers as of August 11, 2016

I have been married for three years. My husband and I have a prenuptial agreement in which all of our assets are kept separate, and will, uno our deaths to our respective children. He is 84 and I am 80. I own my own home.

If you are on title to the car, you would be responsible for an ?at fault? accident up to $15,000. That's why God made insurance.
If you worded the pre-nup. correctly, you would only be liable to the extent of community property. If you commingle private assets, they can be turned into community property. An attorney or someone very familiar with the property laws would have to look at the pre-nup to see if you are protected. The best protection, especially at your ages, is to have adequate auto insurance.
Frank Law Group, P.C.
Frank Law Group, P.C. | David E. Frank
His insurance should cover the loss, but if he didn't have any, or the limits are not high enough, then the victim can recover from your husband's separate property and any community property. But the victim should not be able to reach your separate property unless you were somehow at fault for the accident.