Am I liable for taxes owed before I purchased the website and why? 3 Answers as of June 29, 2015

I need to know what legal form to write to release me from liability for past owed taxes from an ecommerse site I am purchasing. The seller has not paid any state or federal taxes whatsoever since 2013. Will I be liable for the past owed taxes?

There are some situations in which you would be liable for the back taxes. Check with an attorney before completing the sale.
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. | Ernie Linek
This is a tax and contract question rather than a patent question. If you bought the website without reference to the tax liability - you may need to sue the seller. There is no form to file to release you from liability for taxes owed by the e-commerce site. If the purchase has not yet been completed - walk away if the seller won't agree to pay the back taxes. GOOD LUCK.
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
This is not a patent related question. You should refer the question to either your CPA or a tax attorney. Sorry.