Am I liable for the taxes my boyfriend owes? How? 6 Answers as of August 28, 2015

My boyfriend has lived with me for over a year and a half. I just found out that he has not paid his taxes since 2003 and that he has outstanding tax liability. Can I be liable for any of this? We do not have any joint bank accounts or bills.

No, you're not liable for another person's taxes unless you file a joint return OR he's given you significant gifts (over $1,000 is about where "significant" starts). If he's given you a car, for example, there is a good chance that the IRS will come after you for the value of the car (the value when he gave it to you, not the current value).
McKenzie,Wilkes & Mahmoud | Henry Nasif Mahmoud
Since you are not married and have never filed joint returns as a married couple, you are not liable for his tax debt.
Vandervoort, Christ & Fisher, P.C. | James E. Reed
That would be a no.
Robert E. Giffin | Robert E. Giffin CPA
That would be a no.
You are not responsible for income taxes on any tax return you did not sign. Therefore you would not be liable for payment of his tax obligation. However, the tax authorities could levy on any property where he has an ownership interest. While they cannot keep your property or money, it takes time (and you do not have access to your money during this time) and expense to establish what amounts are yours. So do not have your money in any account in which he has money and do not buy any real estate, cars or anything else with him until his tax situation is cleared up and no taxes are due.