Am I liable for the encumbrance of a property seized by the government? Posted on August 10, 2011

Within 3 weeks I plan on bidding on a government seized property and turning it into a sober living facility in a structured 6 month program. We will not offer detox service but is a place individuals that are completely sober or near the end of their treatment that needs a place that has resources to get them back on their feet. It has been zoned already for apartments and from what i could research it was previously used in a similar capacity. I will need an affordable lawyer since I am a start up. The type of representation for the company and maybe clients living in the facility will be discussed. The most pressing question is If I buy a property seized by the government in an auction am I liable for all the encumbrance?