Am I legally responsible for foreclosure fees after bankruptcy discharge and not reaffirming my mortgage? 7 Answers as of March 24, 2011

I received a Ch. 7 discharge 3 years ago. I did not reaffirm and have made my mortgage payments ever since. I am now considering walking away from my condo. Would I be responsible for the bank's foreclosure attorneys fees? Are those fees considered new debt?

Financial Relief Law Center
Financial Relief Law Center | Mark Alonso
Since you did not reaffirm the mortgage, you should not be responsible with additional fees associate with the mortgage. You may want to consider a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure.
Law Office of Raymond J. Dague, PLLC
Law Office of Raymond J. Dague, PLLC | Raymond J. Dague
Your obligation under the mortgage note was to pay legal fees in the event of a foreclosure. But when you filed bankruptcy (and did not reaffirm the mortgage obligation) you got rid of your obligation to the bank including the obligation for the legal fees.
No, you are not responsible for those fees.
The bankruptcy wiped out all of your personal liability on the mortgage, including fees.
Mercado & Hartung, PLLC | Christopher J. Mercado
You will be responsible for debt you incur after discharge. You are not eligible to file another Ch 7 for 8yrs, or a Ch 13 4yrs from your last discharge.
    Gus Johnson Attorney at Law
    Gus Johnson Attorney at Law | Gus Johnson
    You should discuss this with the attorney that represented you in the bankruptcy
    Answer Applies to: South Dakota
    If you only have one loan, you can always Walk away from the property. But you should not owe any fees after a bankruptcy.