Am I going to jail for my third misdemeanor charge? 3 Answers as of June 03, 2011

I received a ticket for possession of marijuana. This is the third time now and every time I was charged with a ticket. I am also currently on probation for that reason. Am I going to be sentenced jail time for this?

Law Office of Michael Moody
Law Office of Michael Moody | Michael Moody
Probably for 30 days or so.
I would recommend that you retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to advise you as to your rights and options and to help you put forth your mitigating evidence at sentencing. To be honest, no one can predict what a court will do, but a lawyer can generally help you present your side of the case. Good luck!
Giannini Law Office, PC
Giannini Law Office, PC | Robert Giannini
You may possibly end up in jail this time. Quite often people in your situation end up doing more time in jail for the violation of probation than they do for the new charge itself. You need to get a good criminal defense lawyer on your side to help you with this. A conviction for possession of marijuana will suspend your drivers license among other consequences. Don't try to handle all of this yourself