Am I going to jail for 3 misdemeanor charges? 6 Answers as of March 28, 2011

I got arrested for 3 Misdemeanor charges ( first offense ). Am I going to jail? My charges are: M11377 A -possession, M 11364- paraphernalia and M 484 A- petty theft.

Did all of these occur at the same time? How much was the stolen property worth? Jail is a possibility. Not likely on a first offense, but possible. Be on your best behavior when you go to court.
Law Office of Joe Dane
Law Office of Joe Dane | Joe Dane
Things are stacked against you, but you may avoid jail with the help of a good criminal defense attorney. You may be eligible for a drug program on the 11377 and 11364 charges, depending on your record and the facts of the case. Bottom line? Time for a very good criminal defense attorney to discuss the details and defenses available to you.
Probably not. Your attorney needs to plea bargain the case down to fewer charges.
Only the judge knows, and youll get your answer at the end of the court process. No attorney can predict the outcome, nor even give an intelligent opinion, without reviewing and knowing all the charges, facts, evidence, documents, reports, testimony, etc. The less serious the crimes, the less likely to do actual time. When charged with a misdemeanor, you face up to 6-12 months in jail on each count. If you have priors, they are penalty enhancements. Multiple counts and charges just make your situation worse, of course. Effective plea-bargaining, using whatever legal defenses, facts and sympathies there may be, could possibly keep you out of jail/prison, or at least dramatically reduce it, depending upon all the facts and evidence. Not exactly a do it yourself project in court for someone who does not know how to effectively represent himself against a professional prosecutor intending to convict. If you don't know how to do these things effectively, then hire an attorney that does, who will try to get a dismissal, diversion program, reduction or other decent outcome through plea bargain for you, or take it to trial. If serious about doing so, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Ill be happy to help use whatever defenses there may be.
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman | Gabriel Dorman
All three of your misdemeanor charges carry the potential for jail ... up to one year for the Health and Safety Code Section 11377(a) and up to six months for the paraphernalia and petty theft. The only way to determine the potential consequences involved with your charges is to discuss your cases with an experienced criminal defense attorney. It is impossible to accurately answer your question in this forum as much more detail is needed to do so. I hope this answer was helpful. Good luck.