Am I going to be held tomorrow if I wasn’t able to go to my court date? 2 Answers as of October 20, 2014

I was arrested last Wednesday night for two outstanding warrants out of two different towns. I was released on personal recognizance with the condition to appear at first court that afternoon to clear one warrant which I did without incident. I was supposed to go to the second court to clear second outstanding warrants the next morning (last Friday) at 8:30 am. It is an hour and a half drive from my house. My ride had serious car troubles. His transmission blew and that was my only way of getting there. I called that particular courthouse and explained the situation. They said it was no problem and to just come in tomorrow. The police in the town I live in went by my house today but I wasn't home.

Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
The only person who can answer this question definitively is the judge in the court where your warrant was issued. However, generally, if you were released to appear and then do so, it is more likely than not that you will be released. Your best bet is to hire an attorney who will eventually represent you on the charges and have him or her appear with you when you surrender yourself on the warrant. All information and analysis provided herein is for Massachusetts law and Massachusetts cases, ONLY. If your matter or question involves the laws of another state please disregard this post and seek advice from an attorney licensed to practice law in the applicable state.
Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
Just explain this to the court. But how are you going to explain why you waited until tomorrow to show up.