Am I entitled to pay last month of rent if I’m getting kicked out by my roommate? 5 Answers as of December 17, 2013

I have a year lease which ends next month. My roommate who is now my ex girlfriend keeps throwing my stuff outside and threatening me to move out. Cops have been called as well as landlord who says he wants nothing to do with it. Is she responsible for my last month of rent if she threw me out? Do I take her to court to pay that month since I won’t be living there?

Since you were a rent paying tenant your girlfriend can not kick you out as she has no more rights to live there than you do. If she held the master lease and you rented from her, she could evict you but would have to follow the state laws on evictions, as if she were the landlord. Without more information, it appears that she would be liable to you, but you might still have to pay the landlord if your agreement was with him.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
If she throws you out.. you can sue her for your expenses of alternate living arraignments and moving. so its not necessarily the rent you paid.. but your expenses.... which actually could be much more.
Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
If you are on the lease, then she can't throw you out. If you are on the lease then you are obligated to pay. If you don't pay and she does, and she tries to recoup from you your share, then you have a legitimate reason why it is not due to her. If you pay and are denied access, then you have a legitimate reason to seek all the money you paid back from your ex.
William Bidwell, Attorney at Law | Bill Bidwell
She must give you a quit notice; she must go through district court and follow procedure. You essentially have 30 days to move out. Whoever signed the lease is liable.