Am I entitled to know my DWI blood test results before my court date? 14 Answers as of May 19, 2014

I was stopped on March 04 2014 and refused the field sobriety test. The officer took me in for a breath test which I refused but I asked for a blood test instead. My blood was drawn and I was released. Two weeks later I received a court date of May 14. Am I entitled to know the blood test results before the court date?

NO, only on your court date.
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC | Thomas A. Medford, Jr.
Generally that information should be available by your first court appearance. You should ask you attorney to get it from the DA.
Answer Applies to: District of Columbia
You should be able to get that at the court date. You should get a lawyer and fight the matter.
The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
The Houser Law Firm, P.C. | A. Bowden Houser
In North Carolina, doing what you said you did was not at all a smart thing to do - in fact, there's just no nice way to say it - it was an incredibly stupid decision. Refusing the field sobriety tests is not too much of a big deal but refusing the breath test will suspend your license whether you are found guilty or not. So why in the world would you submit to a blood test, which is usually more accurate than a breath test and usually more accurate not in your favor after already refusing the breath test and having your license suspended? As to the results, you might get that or you might not - there is no right to formal discovery at the District Court level. You very clearly need an attorney before you muck this up anymore.
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
Your blood most likely hasn't been tested yet. In MN your license is not revoked until the blood test results are submitted to DPS. You should contact an attorney asap to go through all of these issues.
    The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
    No, you are not entitled to this information before your court date. You or your attorney will be provided it in the course of pre-trial discovery.
    Natty Shafer Law
    Natty Shafer Law | Nathaniel Shafer
    No, the blood test may not even be ready by then. Plead "not guilty" to the charge. You can later change your plea to "guilty" once you get the blood test back. You should also hire a lawyer who can advise you about consequences of various plea deals and help you fight the charge if you so choose.
    Chances are they might not be available yet. Sometimes it can take several months to come back from the State Police lab. You are correct in that you have a right to see all the evidence against via discovery. If you do not get a lawyer then you are entitled to receive all police reports and lab results. I strongly urge you to retain an experience DUI lawyer.