Am I entitled to copies of Immigration papers during a divorce in New York? 1 Answers as of December 16, 2010

I am getting divorced in New York State. As part of the discovery process, I am asking that I be copied on any paperwork related to her work permit, green card, or citizenship that I signed. Am I entitled to these?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Offices of Robert B. Pollack, P.C.
The Law Offices of Robert B. Pollack, P.C. | Robert Pollack
I do not know any particular case on this exact issue of the top of my head, however, since the general rule is broad discovery in a divorce, and since immigration status would affect financial issues and certainly issues of the children, I would say you would be entitled to this disclosure. If the other side will not cooperate, your attorney may advise that a motion could be made to have the court direct the disclosure.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 12/16/2010
Click to View More Answers: