Am I entitiled to something in the divorce decree if I have no job or car or money? 3 Answers as of June 08, 2011

I asked my husband for counseling and I tried everything but he disagrees on everything. I have no vehicle, car, or money, and I am on the streets. Am I entitled to money?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ashman Law Office
Ashman Law Office | Glen Edward Ashman
Possibly. The best way to protect yourself is to get a good divorce lawyer and STOP talking with him if he is being unreasonable.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/8/2011
Goolsby Law Office
Goolsby Law Office | Richard Goolsby
We are divorce attorneys in Augusta, Ga. I would recommend that you consult with a divorce lawyer in your community as soon as possible. Depending upon the length of marriage and other factors, which should be discussed with a divorce attorney, a Georgia party might be eligible for alimony, and should also discuss property division issues, as well as the potential existence of fault grounds. Simply put, see a divorce lawyer ASAP about your rights and options! Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/8/2011
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller | Jody A. Miller
It really depends on the specific facts of your situation. There are no "entitlements" under Georgia law (except for child support for the children) however you can ask for property division and spousal support. If the circumstances of your case support a claim for alimony and property division, you can get it. Consult with an attorney regarding the facts of your case and the viability of a spousal support and property division claim.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: