Am i eligible to approve as US Citizen? 2 Answers as of April 18, 2011

I am concerned about my status.I am working as caregiver (under the table) since Nov 2009 up to present. I didn't file any tax for 2009 and my dad claim me on his tax last 2010. Am I qualified to apply for applying US Citizenship? Are they gonna investigate about my under the table job? Are they gonna approve me as US Citizen? Thank you and have a good day!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Evading IRS tax law is a crime. There is possibility they will investigate you. Find a lawyer for a possible fix.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/18/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
If you have been a green card holder for at least 5 years, then you can go ahead and file for your citizenship. You should take care of your tax problem by declaring the income you have earned during the time you worked under the table. Talk to your tax professional and get some sort of a payment plan with the IRS. If you evaded your tax responsibility, you are not eligible for citizenship. So, take care of that 1st. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: