Am I eligible to apply for my green card? 5 Answers as of August 22, 2011

I entered the US on a visit visa 10 months ago. I'm married to a US citizen and we want to file to change my visa status in order to get my permanent residence. We have been married for 6 months now. My passport has my year of birth. Whenever I applied for a visit visa they told me to use o1-o1 for my month and year of birth and so I wrote on my I-94 form, when we got married they used the same date. Now I have my birth certificate notarized from my country and my dob is different, I have applied for an Affidavit of correction of my marriage certificate. My question is, will the dob on my I-94 affect or delay my file?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
No but make sure you hire an immigration attorney to do it right.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/22/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Dear customer, We don't think that the DOB in your I-94 will affect your immigrant process due to the fact that it was not a fraudulent error. You can show that you have used that DOB mistakenly.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/5/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
You can file, but you will need to explain the discrepancy in your birth certificate, your passport and your I-94. It will usually require an affidavit, but you may need to get a corrected passport. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/4/2011
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A. | Felipe Augusto Malo
No it will not affect or delay ur residency just make sure u put ur correct dob on the immigration forms
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/4/2011
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
Your DOB will may delay the processing once filed. But, you can write them and explain what happened. This is a common mistake. The important thing will be to file the Adjustment of Status soon.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: