Am I correct that my marriage is not legal? Will our application for marriage affect his ability to come to the US for visits? 3 Answers as of March 15, 2013

I recently got married but did not file the signed license within the ten day period. Am I correct that my marriage is not legal? The man I married is not a citizen of this country so we would like to wait and, if we decide to, remarry in a couple of years when we figure out the legal process. He was visiting from London on the visa waiver program and his 90 days ended so he left in accordance with his visa. Will our application for marriage, which was valid for 60 days affect his ability to come back for visits and vice versa?

Your marriage is valid if it was performed according to the laws of the jurisdiction where the ceremony took place.
You would need to contact the authority who issued the license to determine whether it is valid or not. As for your questions about his ability to travel on the Visa Waiver Program, if you are married, it could make it difficult for him to travel. The CBP/ICE may suspect he has immigrant intent.
If marriage was not recorded, you are not married