Am I considered married for my application if I married outside of the US? 4 Answers as of January 18, 2012

I'm trying to file for citizenship and my problem was I'm married outside the US like 8 or 9 years ago, but I never really filed here in US that I was married. Now there's a question in the Application form about your marital status whether your single, never married, married, divorced, widowed, marriage annulled or other. I don't know what to answer.

If you were legally married in the country where your marriage took place then the U.S. will recognize it and you are considered married.
You are married and considered to be married if your marriage was entered into lawfully under the laws of the country where you got married.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
if your marriage is recognized in the place where the marriage was registered, you must answer yes. It does not matter if you married outside of the US. If your failure to disclose your marriage status has something to do with your green card, you should consult an immigration lawyer.
LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC
LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC | Alan R. Diamante
As an attorney I can only advise you to tell the truth.