Am I able to petition my fiancé with a K1 visa if his b1 visa was revoked? 5 Answers as of May 24, 2011

Am I able to petition my fiancé with a K1 visa, even if his b1 visa was revoked? He had his vehicle stolen and was in a hit and run accident. He received a letter stating that he cannot come into the U.S. for 12 years. What can I do?

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
It sounds he is barred and needs a waiver. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. Please call me if you are looking for an attorney.
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
I need more facts to adequately propose a recommendation If he triggered a 10 year bar due to unlawful presence for over one year, then you will have to go get married in this native country, and then file for a waiver under 212a9B of the Immigration & Nationality Act.
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
The usual period for a bar to immigration is ten years, so perhaps there is some misunderstanding here. If he is subject to a bar on his immigration, there is nothing you can do, as his fiance, to bring him here on another status. If he was deported, marrying him now will not improve his immigration status. Please consult a lawyer before you marry this man.
Yes, you can always petition for him. The question is whether he is going to be able to get the K visa to come back. More information is needed for me to even make an attempt at it. Think waiver though. Good luck!
You will need to apply for a waiver. Contact my office for a free consultation as I don't have enough facts to advise you properly.