Am I able to fix my father’s papers if I am 22 years old, currently working and going to school and how can I start? 3 Answers as of April 25, 2017

I am a US citizen and also my mom.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
Generally a U.S. citizen age 21 or older may sponsor a parent who is in the U.S. in an adjustment of status application process in the "Immediate Relative" visa category. There are many details, however, beyond relationship and age that determine eligibility. It would be wise for you and your father to consult with an immigration attorney who, after learning all of the relevant information about your father and your family, would be able to advise about immigration eligibilities, options and strategies, and then could offer legal representation in the often complex application process. Some immigration law firms, including mine, offer legal services on a "flat fee" basis so that a client will know the total expense from the very beginning, and a few immigration law firms, including mine, offer an initial consultation free of charge.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/25/2017
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
You start by filing an I-130 and gathering all the necessary documentation to support the relationship. I suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney to help you and make sure that the necessary paperwork and documentation is properly presented so as not to delay the process.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/25/2017
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices | Juan Ramon Rivas-Rivera
Yes, you may since you are a USCitizen and over 21 years of age. But it is very important to know how your father entered the U.S. If he entered on a valid visa he may remain here while the proceedings are pending, even if he overstayed it. If not, he will need to file a waiver if his wife is a U.S. citizen. You will need an attorney to assist you in this one.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/25/2017
Click to View More Answers: