Am getting sued for negligence and strict liability because my friend walked the dog and trip a walker? Posted on July 13, 2011

I left to France for a month and I left the dog with a friend. I have a 72 lbs boxer that is sweet and well educated. My friend was rollerblading with the dog in his neighborhood. The Plaintiff saw him multiple times. My friend was coming from behind the Plaintiff and the dogs leach got into the legs of the Plaintiff. The Plaintiff fell in the grass and received leach burns on both his legs. The Plaintiff threatens my friend and angrily brought him to the club house where they filed a report in which my friend signed. It just said that he received a cut and that my friend and the dog tripe him and made him fall on his back. Now he is suing for 50k both me and my friend. We are both student and cannot afford lawyers. We went through first interrogations and he is complaining of back pains. What can I do to fight back I think the guy is just trying to get money but went through doctors and has preexisting back problems. he also lied on some of the questions and also did not respond some of them by saying that he just does not understand it? How can i make him answer the questions fully? I am the owner of the dog am I reliable? The dog was leached at all times and did not show any threat nor even touched the Plaintiff.