After I file Form 56 with the IRS, what is my next step? 1 Answers as of March 28, 2011

My fiancee's grandmother passed away last year. She left her house to his dad. His dad passed away 6 months ago and left the house to my fiancee. He did not file his taxes for 2010. Now he needs to file a form 56 with the IRS. What is the next step??

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Steven J. Fromm
Steven J. Fromm | Steven J. Fromm & Associates, P.C.
Tax considerations are only a small part of the overall problem here. First you need to administer the grandmothers estate so that the asset can be transferred to the father. Then you need to administer the fathers estate to have the asset now in this estate to be transferred to your fianc. You need to retain an estates attorney to assist you.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 3/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: