After foreclosure and bankruptcy can we be taken back to court by Mortgage holder? 3 Answers as of August 08, 2013

1 year ago, my wife and I filed bankruptcy and foreclosure on our home. The investor who bought our home, allowed us to lease the home from him. Today, a summons processor showed up on my door and told my wife and me that we were being issued 4 summons to appear in court by Wells Fargo's lawyers. 2 because we leased the house and 2 others because she said they may be reopening the foreclosure. My question is..."Can they do this?"."What else can they go after?" (We no longer own a home. Drive vehicles over 10 years old and have furniture older than our college aged daughter). I assumed that once the foreclosure and bankruptcy were processed. We would be beyond reach of further harassment. Was I wrong?

Absent fraud the bank could not do this in Nevada assuming the debt was discharged.
You sure the house was taken out of your name? If Wells is serving you then you are probably still the owner
Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
To answer your question, "can they do this?" anyone can file a lawsuit, whether or not they have a legitimate claim. You are going to have to respond to the summons, which means you are going to have to talk to a lawyer. Otherwise, the bank will get a judgment against you by default and the bank will be chasing you for the rest of your life trying to collect the judgment. If you plan on never having any property and never having any money in a bank account and never having a job where your wages can be attached, then you are right that you don't have to fight the lawsuit.