After chapter 7 is discharged, can I sell my house with equity? 11 Answers as of October 12, 2016

I am waiting for discharge papers of chapter 7 bankruptcy. Can I sell my house after chapter 7 discharge and are there any repercussions?

Yes (this is a blind answer. I am assuming you have nothing else lingering in your CH7. If you want an absolute answer, pay an attorney to review your file with you).
You can sell your house after your Chapter 7 is dismissed but you'll have to pay the mortgage and any other liens out of the proceeds.
As long as the case is "closed" yes. You can check on the "closed" status at the courthouse. For some odd reason debtors are not served with this notice. Attorneys get it via "ecf."
You sure can sell your house without repercussions after your discharge comes in and your case is closed. However, before the case does close, you may want to obtain a title report to make sure there are no judgment liens or other liens involving this property that can still be resolved in your Chapter 7. Bankruptcy alone does not remove or resolve liens, but in some instances, there are procedures available to remove these liens.
Marc S. Stern
Marc S. Stern | Marc S. Stern
There are two parts to a bankruptcy, the discharge and the administration. Normally the discharge is entered about 60 days after the conclusion of the 341 hearing. Administration can take years. Until the house is no longer property of the bankruptcy estate, (this happens when there is an order of abandonment or the case is closed) the trustee has rights in the house sale in these circumstances is not allowed.