After being injured how do I file a personal injury lawsuit against my work if I live in Illinois? 5 Answers as of July 12, 2013

Can I have an attorney help me to go after my work if I was severely injured? Am I obligated to only go after worker’s comp?

Allegretti & Associates
Allegretti & Associates | James L. Allegretti
If the injury is work related, that is it "arose out of and in the course of your employment" you are limited to workers compensation for your recovery.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Sheldon J. Aberman
You may certainly hire an attorney to assist you with a worker's compensation claim against your employer. Additionally, you may wish to consult with an attorney to determine whether you can bring a separate claim, against a third-party individual or entity, for the damages that you sustained.
Willens Law Offices
Willens Law Offices | Matthew Willens
In Illinois, it is very difficult to sue your own employer unless your employer's conduct was "egregious." The Illinois workers' compensation statute may be your only recourse. I would be happy to discuss this matter further with you. Please feel free to contact me for your free no obligation consultation.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Cary J. Wintroub
Depending on the facts of how you were injured you only remedy may be under Worker's Compensation. If a third party causes your injury as in a party outside of your employment or a product used on your job then you may be able to seek recovery outside of worker's comp. In most instances your remedy will be limited To worker's comp. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your personal situation without obligation so we may properly advise you.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied.