After an NDA has terminated and you send a cert. of destruction does the term of obligation remain? 2 Answers as of July 15, 2011

I am not sure if I agree with another person at my work...I fell that the obligations as stated in the the NDA remain, yes we send a letter that states that we have destroyed all information but that does not preculde a person from discussing with another conversations that they had while the NDA was in effect...maybe I'm being to nit picky...

Carnes Law Firm
Carnes Law Firm | William J. Carnes
Unfortunately, you do not give enough information for an answer. What is NDA and certificate of destruction? Public or Private employer?
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
You are not being nitpicky. An NDA lasts for a certain period of time as defined by the NDA. However, trade secrets cannot be disclosed even after termination unless the NDA so states. Typically, after termination the prohibition against solicitation of disclosed contacts will last 1-3 years after NDA terminates.