After an accident, how much should I be offered for pain and suffering, outside of hospital bills? 3 Answers as of August 23, 2012

Hit in crosswalk. Broke an ankle. Car has insurance.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
R. D. Kelly Law Firm, P.L.L.C.
R. D. Kelly Law Firm, P.L.L.C. | Robert Kelly
You should call us to discuss the particular details of your situation. The insurance companies are in business to gather money, so getting a fair amount of compensation for your injuries can be a job requiring extensive labor and expertise.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/23/2012
Magnuson Lowell P.S.
Magnuson Lowell P.S. | Richard S. Lowell
There is no formula. The amount is based on many different factors, including but not limited to the level and duration of pain, the level and duration of disability, the loss of enjoyment of life, the potential for future problems, and more. It usually makes sense for someone with serious objective injuries (such as yourself) to seek the assistance of a qualified and experienced personal injury attorney - who has the background to fairly evaluate all of these elements - and then negotiate with the insurance company (or take the matter to trial).
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/20/2012
Pivotal Law Group, PLLC
Pivotal Law Group, PLLC | Christopher L. Thayer
There is no set formula for calculating pain and suffering damages. An experienced personal injury attorney can review your claim and give you at least a ballpark idea of what the likely range would be. The amount of damages awarded for pain and suffering can be affected by a number of factors. Two of the key factors are: the severity of the injury and the degree of permanency/duration/disability.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/20/2012
Click to View More Answers: