A search warrant was served and marijuana plants were found, will they issue an arrets warrant? 3 Answers as of May 15, 2012

I had a search warrant executed on a residence that I was in the process of moving into. I only had boxes and stuff in there at the time. They found 12 small marijuana plants that I had in the upstairs closet. No lights or anything just plants in the small black growing pots. They left papers of the search on my countertop as I was not at the house at the time. What is the sheriff's offices next step? Will they issue an arrest warrant? How long does this usually take if they do, days, weeks, etc...? Also how will they notify if they do, since I no longer live at the current residence or my last residence. I just went to a friend’s house for now.

If they choose to issue an arrest warrant, you will be notified when they arrest you, or when you retain an attorney to keep abreast of the situation.
VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, LLC
VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, LLC | Anthony Overton Van Johnson
You indicated that you were "in the process" of moving into a residence. You did not indicate what caused the Sheriff's department to obtain a search warrant of your residence. Was it due to suspected activity of the previous resident, or were you under suspicion? Also, you did not indicate whether anyone else resided in the residence at the time of the search. Additionally, it would have been good to know whether your name was on the lease. Based on your statement that marijuana was located inside the residence, if law enforcement can determine who resided in the residence, they can simply obtain an arrest warrant for the arrest of the occupant(s). An arrest warrant can be obtained in a matter of hours. And if an arrest warrant is issued, the suspect usually will be notified of the arrest warrant at the time law enforcement takes him/her into custody.
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
An arrest warrant will almost certainly follow. It can take anywhere from days to weeks.