A friend was arrested for immigration violations after overstaying her J1 student visa. What are her options? 2 Answers as of February 07, 2011

A friend of mine was arrested by ICE for overstaying her J1 student visa for 3 years. She would like to stay in the US and wants to go about it legally, i. e. not getting married. What should she do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
If she choose to leave voluntarily. She can be admissible right away, meaning she can apply for visa based on any other reasons.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/7/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
I would have to talk to her to review her credentials, experience, country she is from, etc. If she is an overstay most options will require her to apply and go home to get a new visa. If she wants to consult have her call to set up an appointment or consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: