1. Am I allowed to move outside of the country if I filed for bankruptcy in the U.S? 7 Answers as of June 09, 2011

I have received a job in Australia and have already been granted a Visa to the country and have a job offer waiting for me. Will bankruptcy affect me getting into the country? Will bankruptcy also affect me leaving the country?

Financial Relief Law Center
Financial Relief Law Center | Mark Alonso
Filing for bankruptcy should not have any affect on your ability to leave the United States to accept a job offer overseas. I could not advise you on what, if any rules, the Australian immigration department has.
Bankruptcy will have no effect on your travel in or out of the United States.
Mercado & Hartung, PLLC | Christopher J. Mercado
If you have filed and are waiting for discharge, make sure you will be in the country to attend the 341 Meeting in person. It's possible to ask the court to attend either telephonically, or through interrogatories but it's not guaranteed it will be granted. Also, take care of your post-filing education requirement before you leave.
Lakelaw - Loop Bankruptcy
Lakelaw - Loop Bankruptcy | David Leibowitz
Your bankruptcy does not preclude your moving outside of the USA.
Thee is no law that prevents someone from emigrating to another country after bankruptcy.