Linda Yoo has been a practicing lawyer since 1991. She received a degree in L. L. M. in International Business Law from the University of London, (Kings College and London School of Economics), in London, England in October of 1991. She was also graduated with a J. D. from the University of Detroit School of Law in Detroit, Michigan in May of 1990 and she received a degree in A. B. in Political Science from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan in December of 1986. Her primary area of expertise is in employment based immigration law and commercial transactions.
Her extensive work experiences include the following: She served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Richard F. Suhrheinrich of United States District Court of the 6th Circuit in Detroit, Michigan. Thereafter she worked as an attorney for Chrysler Motors, Office of the General Counsel, in Manufacturing, Marketing and Dealer Relations, and also as an international attorney in International and Commercial Affairs. She also worked briefly in Hawaii and for the 10th largest international law firm in Tokyo, Ushijima & Associates.
Linda Yoos current activities:
- She is a frequent writer and speaker on immigration law in publication and on radio program. She is the speaker of Immigration law program at Radio Hankook.
- Linda Yoos immigration articles are featured in Goodday, The Christian News, RealEstate News, North West Yellow Page, and Sunday News.
- Currently a Co-Chair of the BICE(Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement) Liaison Committee. BICE is a reorganization of what was formerly INS Legacy and is in charge of among other things, Detention, Removal and Deportations, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Local Chapter (2003-2005)
- Chair of the Department of Labor Liaison Committee, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Local Chapter (2003-2003)
- Chair of the Regional Essential Workers Immigration Coalition, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Local Chapter (2001-2002)
- Current Corporate Counsel of the Korean-American Teriyaki Restaurant Owners Association (KATRA)
In addition to her practice, she is an active member of Las Vegas community and serves as the following:
- Director for the Asian Chamber of Commerce.
- Chair of the Regional Essential Workers Immigration Coalition, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Local Chapter (2001-2002).
- Director of Asian Civil Rights Organization, the Organization of Chinese Americans.
- Member of the Congresswoman Shelley Berkleys Asian Advisory Counsel.
- A Member of the International Womens Forum, Nevada Chapter.
- Board Member of Early Voting Advisory Board of the Election Department.